Rights of Women Guide to Domestic Violence and Homelessness
This guide sets out your housing rights if you are experiencing domestic violence and are currently living with your abuser. It also looks at the legal options which are available if you can no longer stay in your home and need to find somewhere else to live.

Housing Rights Information England and Wales
If you have arrived in the UK to join a partner who is settled here, but have to leave your home because you fear or have experienced violence from your partner, this information applies to you.

Shelter Homelessness due to domestic violence
If you have to leave your home because of threats, abuse or intimidation, there may be safe places you can go to, such as refuges and temporary housing from the council. It may also be possible to stay in your home and make it safer.

St Mungo’s
St Mungo’s offers confidential support and advice to those at risk of becoming homeless.

The UK’s largest housing charity, gives information on housing rights, homelessness and state benefits.

Your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau (CAB) provides free, confidential and independent advice, including advice on housing. The website has information in Welsh, Bengali, Chinese, Gujarati, Punjabi and Urdu, as well as English, and allows you to locate your nearest CAB.

Provides housing advice to LGBT victim/survivors of domestic abuse across London

Please help us

Donate now to The Women's Centre Cornwall.

Your donation, large or small, can make a real difference.

Donate now