We have a vacancy for a new role at Women’s Centre which is on secondment to Cornwall Housing Limited, please see below and send to anyone who may be interested.
Navigator (Rough Sleeping)
The Women's Centre Cornwall – Bodmin, on secondment to Cornwall Housing Limited
Salary: £23,500 a year pro rata
Hours: 21 per week
Responsible to: The post holder is line managed by the Multiple Disadvantages Manager at Cornwall Housing Ltd and receives specialist supervision from the Open Service Manager at Women’s Centre Cornwall.
Based: East Cornwall
The appointment is for 12 months fixed term, with possible extension subject to funding.
This post will be provided on a secondment basis to Cornwall Housing Ltd for the duration of the contract.
The Women’s Centre Cornwall has developed this secondment with Cornwall Housing Ltd in order to provide a gender specific and trauma responsive service to women who are or have been rough sleeping in Cornwall. The post holder will sit within both the Rough Sleeper Navigation team in Cornwall Housing Ltd and the Open Team in The Women’s Centre Cornwall.
Purpose of role:
Responsible for overseeing a caseload of women who are identified as former rough sleepers, or who are currently rough sleeping, working alongside existing accommodation and support services. The aim of the service is to ensure that they are in receipt of appropriate support in a bid to safeguard their ability to secure, sustain and develop their accommodation and support goals.
The post holder will be required to follow the woman on their journey from rough sleeping through to independence acting as a single point of contact for her, ensuring that they are supporting the woman in their recovery to maintain healthy relationships, find employment, undertake training, develop budgeting skills, cultivate positive social circles and be better equipped to maintain their accommodation and independence and avoid returning to the street. Support needs will range from low to complex and including, but not limited to, domestic abuse and sexual violence, prostitution, drug and alcohol addiction, poor mental health, financial difficulty and physical health problems.
You will work as part of Cornwall Housing Ltd.’s integrated Rough Sleeping team to provide a high quality, efficient, and effective service to clients who may be at risk of losing their accommodation and, in some cases, returning to rough sleeping and the accompanying vulnerability that this presents.
The key purpose of Cornwall Housing Ltd Rough Sleeping Team is to:
- To carry out comprehensive needs and risk assessments in order to build a realistic and achievable support plan with the tenant.
- To build and maintain good working relationships with all Statutory services including, Cornwall Housing’s Prevention & Engagement teams as well as their Private Lets team, Adult Social Care and Landlord services to ensure that tenants and landlords are supported to the best of your ability.
- To work in close partnership with all non-statutory stakeholders, including voluntary sector organisations and faith groups to deliver seamless services to customers who are identified as rough sleeping, or have rough slept in the past, with a particular focus around managing complex needs and sustaining accommodation.
- To work closely with service users and to ensure that they are in receipt of the necessary support to enable them to sustain their accommodation and make positive progress within the support goals identified in their support plan.
- To educate internal and external stakeholders in the complexities of rough sleeping and the necessity for multi-agency working to achieve positive outcomes for vulnerable individuals who often suffer from complex needs.
- To develop and support a Homeless Health Peer Advocacy Project, recruiting those who have experience of using services to support others in engaging with health services and the wider community.
Closing date for completed applications: Friday 26th June, 10am
For Women By Women In accordance with the Equality Act 2010 part 1, schedule 9
Apply here: Indeed Navigators Cornwall
Please help us
Donate now to The Women's Centre Cornwall.
Your donation, large or small, can make a real difference.